Sustainability, strategy & ventures (SS&V) defines and accelerates the delivery of our strategy, while engraining sustainability in our business and promoting ethics and compliance across the organization.
...a business entity to accelerate strategic delivery
- We originate, incubate, scale and commercialize new businesses and technology-led options, underpinned by technology insights and accelerate growth in our core business and in new digital adjacencies.
...an integrator to define strategic direction for bp
- Modern, dynamic and collaborative approach to strategy, sustainability and capital allocation – we work together with the businesses, finance and the broad organization to support the delivery of our ambition, our aims and our financial aspirations. We will help to frame and make the optimal trade-offs and choices for bp.
- Connecting strategy and purpose – we lead the development of bp’s strategy, to drive the long-term resilience and value of our business and create value for our stakeholders more widely, including society, our employees and our shareholders.
- Proprietary bp insights – we focus on developing a distinctive understanding of global economics, energy markets, customer needs, technology and competitors to support our businesses and strategy.
- Proactive shaping of external policy – we define where bp stands on matters of public policy – in line with our aims – as well as how we can contribute to proactively shape the external environment across regions.
- Setting bp’s sustainability strategic direction – we define bp’s approach to sustainability and promote progress on bp net zero, people and planet aims.
- Enabling bp and its businesses to achieve their goals – where we hold expertise, we will use it collaboratively and constructively.
...an enabler to effective ethics and compliance as a driver of organizational and business sustainability
- We support bp business groups and other entities in promoting an ethical culture and work environment, and effective compliance risk management.
We also harness adjacencies to our existing businesses, through our venturing and business building capabilities. The latter we call bp Launchpad. Combined, these give us access to short-term and longer-term high-value options, investing around $100 million per year in both our existing portfolio and new companies.